london-police-say-58-people-assumed-dead-in-tower-block-blaze.jpg

London police say 58 people assumed dead in tower block blaze

After a botched snap election that lost her party its majority in parliament, May is facing criticism for her response to the blaze which engulfed the 24-storey social housing apartment block. Hana Wahabi said she begged her brother, Abdulaziz Wahabi, to leave but he told her “there was too much smoke”.The queen marked her official birthday Saturday by saying Britain remains “resolute in the face of adversity” after the horrendous fire and recent extremist attacks in London and Manchester.The Government’s £5 million emergency fund is already being spent on clothing and food to help the dispossessed and NHS London will provide counselling and bereavement support to families.Earlier, Queen Elizabeth II visited a relief center for victims, and spoke to residents and members of the emergency services.Prime Minister Theresa May was greeted by angry crowds shouting “coward” after she promised support for victims of a fire in a London tower block that claimed at least 30 lives.The death toll had previously stood at 30 and officials added that it would likely take weeks for all the bodies to be recovered and some may never be identified.Construction company Rydon Group, which undertook the work, and the local authority which owns Grenfell Tower declined to confirm whether the panels were PE.Dozens of people are still believed to be inside Grenfell Tower, according to police.Some people then left the building though others remained inside. Everyone who was taken to hospital has now been identified.Cundy said the images and video of the scenes inside the Grenfell Tower would be released on Sunday, adding “We will not do that until we have contacted all the families we are supporting to let them know that’s our intention”.A minute’s silence will be observed at 11am on Monday as a mark of respect for all those who have been affected by the Grenfell Tower disaster, the government has announced. I have heard horrifying stories from the fire brigade, from police and from victims themselves who were in that tower but also from other local residents, some of whom of course have not been able to go back to their homes either.”It might be that some of those are safe and well, but for whatever reason have not wished to let us know”.PM Theresa May visiting the site for the first time.In a report, BBC said the number could be around 70 people in total.She faced cries of “coward” and “shame on you” as she left under heavy police escort, and police broke up a scuffle among the crowd as her vehicle drove off.”The prime minister is this morning chairing a cross-government meeting to ensure everything possible is being done to support those affected by the Grenfell tragedy”, the spokesman said.The local Grenfell Action Group had claimed, before and during a major 10-million-pound refurbishment of Grenfell Tower previous year, that the block constituted a fire risk and residents had warned that access to the site for emergency vehicles was “severely restricted”.