Vigil For Woman Shot By Seattle Police Draws Dozens

According a Seattle police spokesperson Mark Jamieson, two officers responded to the call because of concerns over a previous emergency call to the house. The Seattle Fire Department came on scene moments later but she was declared deceased once they arrived.There were several children inside the apartment during Sunday’s incident, though they were uninjured, police said.”She has mental health issues that nobody’s trying to f**king address”, Williams insisted.The police statement indicated that once officers arrived, they went to a fourth floor apartment, where they were “confronted” by a “woman armed with a knife.”Jamieson said detectives are investigating.An officer was able to convince the woman to drop the scissors and she was arrested.Charleena Lyles, 30, was fatally shot by police after she allegedly displayed a knife to officers..A neighbor, 42-year-old Lhora Murray, told The Stranger that police “handed her two of the victim’s children – a 10-year-old and the toddler with down syndrome”.Seattle Police officers will smear the victim with menacing photographs and release her criminal history. One of Lyles’ brothers, Domico Jones, noted that “she was not a person you would fear or feel intimidated by”.A 30-year-old woman is dead after suffering a gunshot wounds to the chest and abdomen.Monika Williams says her sister was tiny and had mental health problems. She told the outlet that the 10-year-old told her, “They shot my mom”. “I could have taken her down”. Three of her children, ages 1, 4, and 11, were home at the time, and relatives say Lyles was several months pregnant with her fifth child.Late Sunday, around a hundred people gathered for a vigil in Lyles’ honor in which they spelled her name out with candles. No children were injured and they are now with family members.”As you can imagine, this is going to be a very thorough investigation”, he added.A court-ordered federal monitor issued a report in April asserting that the department had made a positive turnaround and that use of force by officers was down, reported the Times.Seattle police shouted “Get back!”